Our Friends and Family
The Finding My Psych team stands behind our gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender friends and family. We acknowledge that LGBTQ2 persons experience higher than average rates of suicide and mental health concerns related to discrimination. We have collected a list of resources for those experiencing difficult times.
The Canadian Mental Health Association reports the following:
- LGBTQ youth face approximately 14 times the risk of suicide and substance abuse than heterosexual peers.
- 77% of trans respondents in an Ontario-based survey had seriously considered suicide and 45% had attempted suicide
- Trans youth and those who had experienced physical or sexual assault were found to be at greatest risk.
Resources (Phone, Txt, & Chat)
Following is a collection of resources that provide support and crisis services for the LGBTQ2 community:
- The Trevor Project
- Trans Lifeline
- GLBT National (USA) Help Line - (Various Hours)
- Lesbian Gay Bi Trans Helpline (Canada)
- Phone: 1-800-268-9688
- Txt: 647-694-4275
- Chat Portal
**If you know another resources not listed below, please reach out to our support team - We will add it right away