SMART Recovery (Self-Managed and Recovery Training), support individuals who abstain or are trying to abstain from all types of addictive behaviours. The SMART model does not adhere to the AA/NA approach to abstinence.
SMART Recovery attempts the following:
- Promotes self-empowerment and self-reliance.
- Encourages individuals to recover and live happy lives.
- Provides tools for self-directed change.
- Utilizes education and open discussion to promote change.
- Does not oppose prescribed medications and psychological treatments.
- Evolves with scientific knowledge and consensus.
You can access the SMART Recovery Online Community year round, seven days a week, 24 hours a day. You must register to access the forum, online chat, and online meetings provided at smartrecovery.org.